Moore 41 Didsbury Toc H 17

Moore notched up their 9th consecutive win of the season as they overcame a spirited display by Didsbury Toc H to win 41-17.

With the visitors also playing in Black & Gold, Moore were forced to wear their Red change strip for the game, however, even with a change in shirt colour the performance was one that is quickly becoming a trademark Moore.

Moore started fast out of the gate and after recycling the ball through phases an excellent 2 v 1 was pulled off in attack and Sam Craven opened the scoring early. This was soon followed by efforts from Jack Harvey and Max Holland which would see Moore open up to a rapid 19-0 lead.

Perhaps somewhat expectantly Moore began to unravel in terms of discipline and for yet another game this season gifted a team excessive yardage through penalties, whilst also losing Max Holland for a 10 minute stint in the sin bin.

During the period with Holland in the bin the game would see two tries, with Didsbury crashing over for a try, but Moore would respond quickly with a try from Sam Craven. A further infringement by Moore would see Didsbury kick a penalty on the stroke of HT to take the game to 24-10.

The game would become more and more attritional as it wore on, with neither team really taking a hold of the game and making it their own. It would be Moore who once again started the half more brightly with Matt Bradshaw breaking through the Didsbury line to score and convert his own try.

Didsbury would aim to keep in touch with the game and scored off a number of well worked phases which also saw Tony Fretwell sinbinned for a high tackle to take the game to 31-17. Moore held their line well during the next 10 minutes and the score remained the same until Fretwell re-emerged.

Soon after Moore would extend their lead further with Henry Frankling using excellent footwork to slide through. However the day would end badly for the young winger, with Henry being taken to hospital after a collision with an opposition player. Thankfully there appears to be no break in his ankle and we hope to see Henry back sooner rather than later.

With the game moving to the adjacent pitch for the last 10 minutes of the game Moore were able to scratch out a final try with Matt Bradshaw capitalising on a dropped Didsbury pass, grubbering the ball down field which explosive full back Joe Pidgeon seized upon to take the final score to 41-17.

The victory sees Moore close the gap to 2nd placed Manchester to just 1 point, with Manchester losing away at Sefton.