Moore 75 – Old Bedians 10

Moore moved into 2nd place in Division 3 South with another excellent performance which saw them score 11 tries. With Old Bedians being the last team to take any points away from Moore, there was a determination from the off for Moore to take the victory.

The scoring started as early as the 4th minute with Captain Mikey Woollacott reacting quickly to a ball kicked close to the tryline, bagging his first try of the day. The game would look fairly even in the immediate aftermath, with Moore defending with their usual gusto and keeping the game played within the Old Bedians half. Moore would begin to take the upper hand however, and excellent pressure by the Forwards would see Adam Parsons score in the 16th minute after multiple phases by Moore.

Moore looked to be comfortable in attack and broke through the Old Bedians lines time and again, but poor usage of the ball and a lack of support would often see their industry come to naught. A promising looking attack in to the Old Bedians 22m would surprisingly see a mix up in the Moore backline, allowing Old Bedians to score a length of the field intercept to bring the game to 14-5.

Moore, stunned at conceding such an unexpected try, would be driven into a 10 minute spell of dominance that showed why they are in the promotion mix once again this year. On 30 minutes an excellent 1 phase play from a scrum would see Tony Fretwell make it over the line from 60 metres out. Another 3 minutes later excellent use of prolonged phases would see Pat Clarke cross the line for his first try for the club, before Mike Barr would score on the stroke of half time to take the game to 35-5 at the half.

The visitors came out of the traps somewhat more alert than Moore, and deservedly grabbed themselves another try moments into the second half after a missed tackle allowed one of their players to carve through from 40m out. With that try in their pocket, Old Bedians would look to force their way back into the game, but once again the Moore defensive line stood resolute, with Darren Cunningham and Jayson Biddle making their far share of excellent tackles.

Moore built from this defensive platform and once again looked to impose themselves on the game, playing with far more composure when attacking in the 2nd half. Mike Barr would ensure Moore would begin to wrap the game up with a second try of the game on 50 minutes. The industry of Moore playing through the phases would pay off with two quick tries, with Thomas Banks scoring on the 60th minute and Mikey Woollacott scoring his 2nd try two minutes after with a scintillating run.

Old Bedians tried valiantly, but once again the final 10 minutes of the half would see Moore smash in three tries to complete the rout. With gaps appearing across the line Matt Bradshaw was able to weave through from his position at 10 to score. Two tries in the last five minutes of the game for Sam Craven would see Moore take an excellent 75-10 victory.

Moore move into 2nd place with this victory after Manchester drew in a 50-50 game with Lymm Eagles. Moore can solidify their hold on second position when they travel to Manchester next Saturday.

M.Woollacott (2), M.Barr(2), S.Craven(2), A. Parsons, T. Fretwell, P. Clarke, T. Banks, M. Bradshaw. 

Con: M. Bradshaw (10)